Awoken Skills were introduced in Ver 6.0. These are passive abilities that are active regardless of whether the awoken monster is a Leader or not.
There are currently two ways to unlock Awoken Skills:
- Feeding a TAMADRA or a monster with the same ID has a 100% success rate.
- A monster must have grayed-out Awoken Skill icons in their in-game info page to unlock an Awoken Skill.
- You cannot unlock Awoken Skills by feeding a non-Ultimate monster to an Ultimate monster, such as Hino Kagutsuchi to Fire Serpent God, Hino Kagutsuchi.
- A monster will keep all Awoken Skills after Ultimate Evolving.
- Awoken Skills are cumulative; if you feed a Water Deity, Holy Isis with 2 Awoken Skills to a Water Deity, Holy Isis without any Awoken Skills, the resulting monster will have 3 Awoken Skills.
- NOTE: The monsters still must have the same ID. You cannot awaken a goblin and feed it to a god.
- Each monster has a specific list of Awoken Skills that will unlock in order. For instance, Firedragon Tyrannos first gets Enhanced HP, then Enhanced Attack, and finally Skill Boost. You can check this list on your monster's in-game info screen.
Awoken Skill Types
Awoken Skill effects stack; if you have more than one of the same skill on your team (or even on the same monster), the effects are added together.
|01||Enhanced HP||HP +100.|
|02||Enhanced Attack||ATK +50.|
|03||Enhanced Heal||RCV +30.|
|04||Reduce Fire Damage||Take 2% less damage from Fire type enemies.|
|05||Reduce Water Damage||Take 2% less damage from Water type enemies.|
|06||Reduce Wood Damage||Take 2% less damage from Wood type enemies.|
|07||Reduce Light Damage||Take 2% less damage from Light type enemies.|
|08||Reduce Dark Damage||Take 2% less damage from Dark type enemies.|
|09||Auto-Recover||Heal 500 HP every turn that a match is made.|
|10||Resistance-Bind||50% chance to resist Bind attacks targeted at this monster.|
|11||Resistance-Dark||20% chance to resist Smokescreen attacks.|
|12||Resistance-Jammers||20% chance to resist Jammer attacks.|
|13||Resistance-Poison||20% chance to resist Poison attacks.|
|14||Enhanced Fire Orbs||Fire Orbs on the board have 20% chance to gain a +. Each matched +Orb will add 6% to attacks of that attribute.|
|15||Enhanced Water Orbs||Water Orbs on the board have 20% chance to gain a +. Each matched +Orb will add 6% to attacks of that attribute.|
|16||Enhanced Wood Orbs||Wood Orbs on the board have 20% chance to gain a +. Each matched +Orb will add 6% to attacks of that attribute.|
|17||Enhanced Light Orbs||Light Orbs on the board have 20% chance to gain a +. Each matched +Orb will add 6% to attacks of that attribute.|
|18||Enhanced Dark Orbs||Dark Orbs on the board have 20% chance to gain a +. Each matched +Orb will add 6% to attacks of that attribute.|
|19||Extend Time||Additional 0.5 seconds for moving orbs.|
|20||Recover Bind||Match a horizontal row of Hearts (6 Orbs) to reduce binds by 1 turn. Matching 2 rows will reduce by 2 turns, but the rows must not be connected.|
|21||Skill Boost||All team members' Active Skill cooldowns are reduced by 1 when entering the dungeon.|
|22||Enhanced Fire Att.||Match a horizontal row of 6 Fire orbs to add 10% damage to all Fire attacks. Matching 2 rows will add 20%, but the rows must not be connected.|
|23||Enhanced Water Att.||Match a horizontal row of 6 Water orbs to add 10% damage to all Water attacks. Matching 2 rows will add 20%, but the rows must not be connected.|
|24||Enhanced Wood Att.||Match a horizontal row of 6 Wood orbs to add 10% damage to all Wood attacks. Matching 2 rows will add 20%, but the rows must not be connected.|
|25||Enhanced Light Att.||Match a horizontal row of 6 Light orbs to add 10% damage to all Light attacks. Matching 2 rows will add 20%, but the rows must not be connected.|
|26||Enhanced Dark Att.||Match a horizontal row of 6 Dark orbs to add 10% damage to all Dark attacks. Matching 2 rows will add 20%, but the rows must not be connected.|
|27||Two-Pronged Attack||Monsters with this skill will attack 2 enemies at once when matching 4 attacking Orbs.|
|28||Resistance-Skill Lock||Chance to resist Skill Lock attacks.|
In general, it is recommended to use your TAMADRA on strong Awoken Skills on monsters you use frequently on your strongest team (i.e. teams you want to bring to Descended dungeons). You also do not want to use TAMADRA on anything you can farm easily, such as Earth Light Carbuncle, Flame Armor Ogre, or Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin. Your definition of "easily" may vary, but, in most cases, your main God-type leader is a good candidate for TAMADRA, as well as anything that needs several million XP and/or vast amounts of rare evolution materials to evolve, like Dark Liege, Vampire Duke.
- Generally, Skill Boost and Extend Time are always useful for every team.
- Row enhancers like Enhanced Dark Att. are incredible for monocolor teams and stack very well. If you are using a monocolor team, be sure to unlock these first; the boost becomes very noticeable when you have several.
- Enhanced orbs like Enhanced Water Orbs do not make much of a damage difference and are not compatible with orb-changing skills, but can provide a small boost to damage for no additional work.
- Enemy debuff resistances like Resistance-Dark and Resistance-Jammers are incredible for certain endgame teams, but lack day-to-day utility. Still, they can make a huge difference on the harder Descended dungeons.
- Two-Pronged Attack is a nice perk when matching 4 orbs. While it can be very useful, it is also double-edged because it can make stalling more difficult.
- Auto-Recover is very useful early in the game, especially for Resolve or Resist teams, but loses steam late in the game outside of certain gimmick situations, like a team led by two Awoken Odin.
- Awoken Skills that only increase stats, like Enhanced HP, are not usually worth using TAMADRA. +Eggs are 10x easier to obtain.
- 2% resist skills like Reduce Fire Damage are not worth your time; the reduction is too little to be worth the cost to obtain the Awoken Skill.
- Recover Bind is an interesting one. It is only useful on a monster that also has Resistance-Bind, otherwise it is largely useless since there is no effect if the awoken monster is bound itself.
NOTE: This is merely recommended advice. Once you become familiar with the game and your teams, you will be able to determine what Awoken Skills you need yourself.