Feeding monsters refers to using Power-Up Fusion to give experience to valuable monsters or dragons. The goal of this page is to help you feed your monster more efficiently. Its ideas and conclusions may not be entirely correct and should be used for reference only.
There are two main goals in terms of efficiency:
- Saving gold
- Increasing Experience gained
This guide is targeted towards players who have reached at least Fire Forest Nerva, but can be used by newer players to learn the basics of feeding.
For information on skilling up your monsters, see Monster Skills.
When using Power-Up Fusion to feed one monster to another, if the two monsters share a primary attribute (Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark), there will be a 50% experience bonus. Using this will save a lot of time and energy.
The best plan is not always feed everything to your best monster. This will become extremely expensive. It is often better to feed a lower value monster to a higher one first:
Using Water as an example: You shouldn't feed 5 lv 3 to a lv 30 , because the gold costs will outweigh the XP gain. However, feeding to something from the "Fair" list (e.g. ), allowing it to reach at least level 12 and then feeding that to is okay until roughly level 35.
|Best||Unevolved Pengdras give 10000 xp to same color when maxed. It's best to evolve them first, however this can take up box space as it requires .|
|Good||Feed lower tier monsters to these up to level 10~12. Usable fodder until the level 40-50 range.|
|Fair||Should be leveled to roughly level 12-14 before being fed to your main monsters. At level 4-6, they can be fed to a to max it.|
|Poor||Poor. It is recommended to just sell these until you get past Tower of Giants. At that point they may be fed to tiers above to maximize use.|
After beating Castle of Satan, you gain access to the Technical Dungeons. The first levels of Fertile Land, Ice Maze, and Blazing Highway are arguably the best for dropping Pengdras (). Outside of certain special drops from limited-time dungeons, Pengdras are the best fodder monsters in the game. A max-level Pengdra provides 6000 EXP (10000 for same color), and needs a significant amount less experience to reach max level. NOTE: This is only recommended if you have large amounts of both patience and box space.
Below are a table of the fodder monsters you can get from the first level of Fertile Land, Ice Maze, and Blazing Highway. These numbers assume that you are feeding the monster to something of the same color.
(fed as-is to same color)
|Pengdra|| Fire Pengdra|
|1800 (lv 2)|
|Carbuncle|| Ruby Carbuncle|
|1969 (lv 5)|
|Chimera|| Flame Chimera|
|1200 (lv 2)|
|Divine Mask|| Divine Carmine Mask|
Divine Indigo Mask
Divine Jade Mask
|3000 (lv 1)|
A lv 2 Pengdra requires only 2545 EXP to reach max level, more than that will be a waste of gold/fodder. Below are various ways to feed a Pengdra to max (assuming same-color for all monsters):
|Fodder combo||Gold cost||Notes|
|Carbuncle + Chimera||400||Recommended|
|Chimera + Chimera||400||Recommended. Feed one Chimera to another Chimera, then feed the resulting lv 6 Chimera to the Pengdra.|
|Pengdra + Chimera||400||This method wastes the least EXP, but Pengdras are much more precious, so you probably shouldn't do it.|
|Pengdra + Pengdra||400||A waste of EXP and Pengdras; it's better to just buy more boxes or wait for fodder.|
|Pengdra + Carbuncle||400||Pengdras and Carbuncles are more worth more raw EXP than Chimeras. Only use these if you have a lot of extra monsters.|
|Carbuncle + Carbuncle||400|
|Jewel Dragon||200||Ever since jewel dragons were removed as requirements for evolution, they have become a great fodder option for tricolor pengdra.|
|Divine Mask||200||If you already have enough masks for evolution, you can use leftover masks for fodder.|
|Dublits||200||The above also applies to dublits (just not mythlits!).|
Note: This table does not take into account the extra cost from +1 Monsters.
Due to the large difference in the amount of experience provided, you should evolve Pengdras before feeding them to other monsters. (They are at max level immediately after evolving, so there's no need to level them further.)
These are the materials needed for evolution:
|Fire Pengdra||Ruby Pengdra||Dragon Plant|
|Water Pengdra||Sapphire Pengdra||Dragon Plant|
|Wood Pengdra||Emerald Pengdra||Dragon Plant|
|Shiny Pengdra||Topaz Pengdra||Dragon Seed|
|Dark Pengdra||Amethyst Pengdra||Dragon Seed|
However, your penguin farm faces two problems:
- Evo Materials: Large numbers of Dragon Seed and Dragon Plant are required, which are typically amassed once a week from Thursday Dungeon. Although the recently added Alert! Dragon Plant Infestation! gives you another way to farm those Evo Materials, it doesn't appear as often.
- Storage space: Because Dragon Seeds and Dragon Plants can only be refilled every Thursday, you have to stock up on them all at once, putting pressure on storage space. You will need a lot of monster boxes to store Dragon Seeds, Dragon Plants, and Pengdras.
Because their evo materials are tougher to get, it's okay to raise the more common Fire/Water/Wood Pengdras to max and feed them unevolved to your main monster, saving only a few Pengdras for evolution based on your available box space. However, Light/Dark Pengdras are rare and should always be evolved if possible.
- King and High Jewel/Metal/Gold Dragons give large amounts of EXP, which come from daily special dungeons. Super King Dragons are worth even more experience but their dungeons are quite difficult without a team planned around beating them.
- There are some good fodder monsters in certain limited-time dungeons, such as Manekimewdra (20000), Moltdras (12000), and Porings from Poring Tower (10000).
- From the rank 20 friend gift machine or through gift dungeons, the Snow Globe Dragons , when max leveled, currently give the highest amount of EXP than any other monster, 1,500,000 EXP to the same ATT, and are recommended to be used to max the level of a monster that needs more than 2 million exp to reach max level. Should you want to take the chance to earn more exp from them, you can choose to use them when the EXP earned is multiplied giving either 1.5 times (2,250,000) or 2 times (3,000,000) the EXP, during the events that run monthly.
Monster Leveling Resources Edit
To level monsters, two things are required: XP and gold. XP comes in the form of other monsters (hereafter referred to as "fodder") you feed to the monsters you wish to level. Gold can be acquired by clearing dungeons and can be a real problem in the beginning. Below is a small list of the dungeons with the best stamina-to-Gold ratio for newer players.
Weekend Dungeon Int (1719/sta) Castle of Satan King of Darkness (972/sta) Castle of Satan Witches Ball (612/Sta) Castle of Satan The King's Protectors (596/sta) Tower of Giants Dragons of the Tower (601/sta)
Once you are up to the 3rd set of dungeons, gold drops are fairly similar across the board. Since this is the case, it's better to run whichever dungeon currently has a 1.5x drop rate active to maximize fodder and gold. Although Castle of Satan gives fairly good amounts of gold, it is not recommended for gathering fodder due to the multiple colors making it harder to get what you need.